Double Pane Windows are a highly desired replacement window specification but as in a lot of things there are details that the window buyer should know. The following are some questions you should ask before purchasing Double Pane Windows.
1. What kind of spacer system is used between the two sheets of glass to make a Double Pane Window? A spacer is the material between the 2 sheets of glass that make a Double Pane Window.
Answer. There are a variety of spacer systems available but the characteristic that separates the systems is whether they are made of metal or structural foam. Generally speaking the foam spacer which I will refer to as Super Spacer has superior insulating characteristics because as we all know metal conducts heat and cold.
2. What kind of glass will be used to construct my Double Pane Window?
Answer. Most manufacturers will use either glass without low e, a basic low e coating or an enhanced low e coating. Use Picture #1 You should always specify basic low e as it is not expensive and has a significant positive effect for energy efficiency. Use Picture 3. If you have a solar heat gain problem in the summer an enhanced low e product such as Solarban 70 should be used as it will dramatically reduce your solar heat gain issue.
3. How strong should the glass be? Should I worry about double or triple strength glass?
Answer. You here advertisements that talk about the strength of glass being such that you can stand on the window. How many times are you going to be standing on your windows? Most Double Pane windows are made of glass that is sufficiently strong for any application the homeowner has in mind. Double or triple strength glass does not make the double pane window any more energy efficient. You are better off spending dollars on superior low e coatings and foam spacer systems than high strength glass.
4. Should I be concerned with Ultra Violet rays from the sun and if so what can I do about it when I order Double Pane Windows?
Answer. When you purchase double pane windows specify at least the basic low e coatings and if you have an extreme problem order low e such as Solarban 70. The low e equipped window can really save fading on you furnishings.
If you or someone you know is looking for double pane windows in St. Louis, please contact Masonry & Glass Systems in St. Louis. We specialize in replacement windows, sliding windows, casement windows, garden windows, bay windows, storm windows and historic windows. For more information, please email us at: email@example.com or call 314-535-6515
Double Pane Windows In St. Louis
Stocking Dealer for Sunrise Windows
Masonry & Glass Systems offers the best double pane window installation in St. Louis.
The best windows, at the best prices, with the best window company.
Call us Mon-Fri at 314-535-6515
click the link below to receive a free quote for your new replacement doors and windows
Installing a Replacement Window With Masonry & Glass Systems
1. Stunning new Cove-Mould Face on exterior creates a detailed wood-look.
2. World Class robotic construction adds elegance while eliminating air leaks.
3. The buttery smooth operation of the window due to the balance of Restorations’ Endura-Force™ design.
4. Invisible tilt hardware system enables one-touch operation of the tilt-in feature.
Beauty, elegance, energy efficiency and easy function! Four great reasons to invest in Soft Lite’s Restorations Windows by Masonry and Glass Systems!