Every region in the United States is known for its own natural disaster or inclement weather. For Missouri, it’s rainstorms, which can often lead to floods. The average rainfall in Missouri is varied by city, but the median can be anywhere from 45- to 51-inches, with the heaviest rainfall from May to August. For this reason, home improvement across The Ozark State has to take inclement weather into consideration. For example, replacement windows in Chesterfield, MO, have to be able to withstand the force and persistence of heavy rainstorms from one year to the next.
Many homes in Chesterfield are older, so buying a classic house means an investment in renovations. Replacement windows come in a variety of sizes and materials, but wood, vinyl, and aluminum are the most popular. In this article, we delve a little deeper into which materials are stronger, more cost-effective, and better for the environment, while also being resistant to inclement weather.
The Comparisons of Wood, Vinyl, and Aluminum Window Replacements
Wood, vinyl, and aluminum windows all have their merits, pros, and cons.
- Aluminum, while less energy-efficient and eco-friendly than other window replacement options, is more durable with stronger structural integrity and longevity of 45 years or more.
- Wood window replacements are traditional, and they flow better with the overall aesthetic of older homes in Chesterfield, MO. Their lifespan is roundabout 30 years, and, with proper care, they can withstand gale-force winds and hard rainfall.
- Vinyl windows are the most energy-efficient and eco-friendly replacement options. The vinyl acts as an insulator for the indoors and a protector against UV rays and inclement weather. The downside? Vinyl cracks and the longevity for vinyl windows are 15 to 20 years.
How Much Would Vinyl, Wood, or Aluminum Window Replacements Cost?
The cost of window replacements depends on the city and the company doing the replacements. Some businesses charge more for materials and labor, while you could just as easily find a business running specials and deals on certain kinds of windows.
On average, wood, vinyl, or aluminum window replacements in Chesterfield, MO, cost:
- Wood windows range from $185 to $950, including installation and labor, with a median of $650 per window.
- Vinyl windows range from $400 to $800, including installation and labor, with a median of $550 per window.
- Aluminum windows range from $150 to $650, including installation and labor, with a median of $335 per window.
When Should You Replace a Window in Your Chesterfield, MO Home?
Not every window has to be visibly cracked or shattered to need replacement. There can be subtle signs that your home needs replacement windows. Some of those signs include:
- Warped window frame or noticeably wonky structural integrity.
- Water leakage that leaves puddles under the windows or around the sill.
- Visible cracks, beginnings of mold, or signs of wood rot, such as dampness that won’t dry or splintering pieces.
- The window no longer opens or closes smoothly, or it won’t lock or catch on the divots to stay open.
You can learn more about replacement windows in Chesterfield, MO. Talk to us at Masonry & Glass Systems Inc to schedule a quote and learn more about our services. Visit our office in Missouri or call our location.