THERE IS NO AREA IN YOUR HOME MORE VULNERABLE THAN WINDOWS AND DOORS
HERE ARE 10 TIPS THAN CAN MAKE A DRAMATIC DIFFERENCE IN YOUR HOME SECURITY.
1. Keep your windows and doors locked even when you or family are home.
2. Update your locking hardware on your entry doors if they show serious wear and do not fit securely.
3. Ensure that any window air conditioners are not easily removed from the outside.
4. Keep drapes or shades drawn-during evenings and at night-so as not to entice intruders. Sheers can help conceal your home’s interior during the day while allowing in light.
5. Remove large shrubs from in front of windows so they cannot hide possible intruders, or keep the shrubs trimmed low.
6. Replace old, easily breached windows with heavy duty replacement windows such as Sunrise Restorations that have passed ASTM structural forced entry tests.
7. Install new heavy duty basement windows. Older substandard basement windows are often targeted by intruders. Masonry & Glass Systems offer glass block windows and Exolite Security windows that qualify as heavy duty.
8. Install windows with laminated glass on first floor windows that are vulnerable to forced entry based on their location. A laminated glass system is very difficult for intruders to penetrate. Our Sunrise Restorations replacement window line offers a laminated glass option.
9. Replace your old ill-fitting leaking entry doors with a metal of fiberglass door with peepholes for the best security. Always specify a keyed lock with an additional deadbolt lock.
10. Replace old patio doors with new more secure models. The Sunrise Kingsroyal door has a dual locking system. A lot of sliding patio doors can be susceptible to intruders as the sliding panels can be lifted out from the outside. Our Kingsroyal Glide from Sunrise sliding patio door is secured and cannot be removed from the outside.
Try utilizing these tips as you evaluate your home and especially when you purchase new windows and doors.
Window & Door Security Tips in St. Louis
Masonry & Glass Systems offers the best new replacement windows in St. Louis. The best windows, at the best prices, with the best window company.
Call us Mon-Fri at 314-535-6515
click the link below to receive a free quote for your new replacement doors and windows
St. Louis Double Hung Windows from Masonry & Glass Systems
1. Stunning new Cove-Mould Face on exterior creates a detailed wood-look.
2. World Class robotic construction adds elegance while eliminating air leaks.
3. The buttery smooth operation of the window due to the balance of Restorations’ Endura-Force™ design.
4. Invisible tilt hardware system enables one-touch operation of the tilt-in feature.
Beauty, elegance, energy efficiency and easy function! Four great reasons to invest in Soft Lite’s Restorations Windows by Masonry and Glass Systems! For more information on new replacement windows in St. Louis, visit our window site at www.mystlwindows.com